I met TFI when I was 25, and have been a member of TFI since then. With the Family International, I’ve found answers to the deep questions I had in life and learned to cultivate a deep spiritual life and relationship with Jesus. All I’ve learned working with TFI through homeschooling, life coaching, and childcare is what enables me to do what I do today! Together with a friend and her husband, we opened an English immersion program in Bahia, and the Lord is blessing it.
Why I am a member of The Family International
I am a member of TFI because TFI is my community of faith, where I’ve learned about the spiritual world, spiritual warfare, and life with Jesus.
How I live my faith
On a daily basis, applying the spiritual principles I’ve learned living communally and homeschooling, and sharing the good news whenever I can, giving out tracts and Activated magazines.
- Born in Brazil
- Met TFI
- Joined TFI
- Had first child, João Filipe
- Second child, Amanda Luz
- Third child, Jesse Brian
- Youth Outreach Ministries
- Helped with the organization of group witnessing and big gatherings, including skits, prayer, and lots of music.
- Child care and education
- I completed a course for certification in homeschooling and childcare, which prepared me for the job/company I have today, an English immersion program for children. I also worked in childcare for five years in TFI centres.
- Christian Outreach
- Leading Bible classes and prayer meetings, passing out Christian literature, outreach trips, giving seminars, personal counseling, singing and leading people to Jesus, which is what fulfills me the most.
- Humanitarian Aid/Volunteer Work
- I worked for almost 20 years with an orphanage, bringing food, clothes and books for the children. I have been able to recruit professionals whom I have met throughout the course of my work, such as dentists, psychologists, teachers, and musicians, to volunteer with the orphanage. In December, 2013, some American women organized a Christmas benefit dinner to raise funds for repairs and new rooms in the orphanage. Now I am organizing monthly “movie nights” on the big screen for all the kids at the orphanage.