I’m a 60-year-young American (as of July 2011), a writer for magazines and short stories, the director of Elixir Mime workshops and theatre for the deaf; the director of Elixir Scripts—producing inspirational screenplays; a motivational writer and speaker for the MOVE program; and a puppeteer and professional mime and animator for the event company Party Pixie. I live in Mumbai, India.
Why I am a member of the Family International
I am attracted to TFI’s application of spiritual principles to daily life and the high level of commitment to the furthering of the mission. TFI also encourages creativity and community-building projects. I like the dedication and passion of other TFI members who I work with.
How I live my faith
I live my faith through teaching my grandchildren God’s Word every day, teaching mime workshops for deaf and underprivileged children, writing faith-building articles which I share with the public, and via my personal interaction with others. I also distribute Activated magazines.
- Joined TFI at a rock festival in Canada.
- Went to London, where I helped in a photo lab and as a receptionist.
- Married Pauline in Essen Borbeck, Germany.
- Outreach and teaching in Indonesia, mainly in Bandung and Jakarta.
- Outreach in Japan; acting and costume design for Treasure Attic series; teaching in Tokyo, Machida, Manazuru, and Tateyama.
- Volunteered in Kampala, Uganda, and Durban, South Africa, with Family Care Africa. Continued teaching, writing, and acting.
- Worked in Amman, Jordan, with FICS.
- I presently reside in Mumbai, India, and am involved with Elixir Mime workshops and FCE. I continue acting, writing, and teaching.
- Youth Outreach Ministries
- Worked with the MO band and was involved with outreach at Gypsies disco in Dusseldorf and the Poorboy club in Amsterdam.
- Launched a youth-based radio show in Indonesia called Alunan Surya.
- Held outreach programs at various universities in Indonesia.
- Training programs/events in Japan and at various musical events.
- Childcare and education
- I’ve worked with schools in Kampala, Uganda.
- Taught 7- to 9-year-olds for six years at the 21st Century International School in Tateyama, and several other years at other cities.
- Taught at the Family Care School Uganda and Durban, South Africa.
- Taught at the FICS School in Amman, Jordan.
- I’m a writer and designer for the STEPS program in Uganda, Africa.
- Personal Witnessing
- Aside from distributing Gospel literature in Japan, where we frequently shared Christ with those who were interested, my English teaching has often led to sharing my faith with others.
- Humanitarian Aid/Volunteer Work
- I performed character-building edutainment shows twice a week at the Haya Cultural Center in Amman, Jordan, for six years.
- Staffed dental hygiene awareness programs.
- Did extensive work with FICS, and was the creator and facilitator for the MOVE volunteer training program in Amman, Jordan.
- Currently working with FCE in Mumbai, India.
- Elixir Mime workshops held for the deaf and underprivileged children throughout India.