As Christians, we understand that Scripture teaches that we are to live in alignment with God’s Word. We’re called to be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. This is a high and noble goal and one which we, as Christians, want to espouse and work toward. The clarion call expressed here is that we apply our knowledge of God’s wisdom and understanding to our lives and bear fruit, further our knowledge of God, and live a worthy life which pleases Him.
Understanding what God teaches through His Word and applying that teaching is what a life that pleases God is all about. But the complexities of daily life, the multitude of decisions we are faced with, the weight of responsibilities that consume our time, the temptations to cut corners, sometimes make pleasing God and applying His Word a challenge. Yet Scripture makes it clear that obeying God’s Word is key to following Him, which Jesus emphasized when He said:
If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
- The Ten Commandments, Part 1
- The Ten Commandments, Part 2
- The Ten Commandments, Part 3
- Authority, Part 1 (Parental Authority)
- Authority, Part 2 (Governmental Authority)
- Authority, Part 3 (Governmental Authority, Continued)
- Authority, Part 4 (Employers’ Authority)
- Safeguarding Human Life, Part 1 (Self-Defense)
- Safeguarding Human Life, Part 2 (War)
- Safeguarding Human Life, Part 3 (Suicide)
- Safeguarding Human Life, Part 4 (Euthanasia)
- Safeguarding Human Life, Part 5 (Abortion)